PORTS is operated and managed by Access Macquarie Ltd, which is a controlled entity of Macquarie University and which provides services to the Primary Health Networks under the Western Australia Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA).
You understand that in order to access PORTS services, you must be at least 16 years of age, living in Western Australia, and referred by an authorised health professional.
2. PORTS Clinic Services
You understand that PORTS services will not be appropriate if:
- you are experiencing a crisis;
- your personal safety is at risk;
- you require medical treatment; and/or
- you do not have symptoms of anxiety or depression
When you undertake the PORTS Clinic Screening Assessment, your responses to the questions asked will be recorded for screening assessment and service evaluation purposes, as well as for reference by PORTS therapists if you choose to engage in PORTS treatment services or require referral information.
You may be provided with treatment recommendations based on the information that you provide over the telephone or online. These procedures are designed to provide you with relevant information, which you should supplement with you own attempts to learn about local services, so that you can make an informed choice about your options. You will also be invited to complete a follow-up after assessment.
If you choose to undertake treatment at PORTS, you will be required to communicate via telephone, email, instant messaging or some other technique, with a mental health therapist and complete a post-treatment assessment. You will also be invited to complete a subsequent three-month follow-up assessment. PORTS uses text messages as a reminder service for appointments and to establish contact with patients following referral by a GP or Health Service. You may remove consent and elect to stop receiving text messages (SMS) anytime by informing PORTS.
You understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password that will be or has been provided to you and shall be responsible for all uses via your login, whether authorised or unauthorised by you. You agree to immediately inform PORTSof any unauthorised use of your user account or password.
4. Confidentiality and Privacy of Your Personal Information and Your Use of PORTS Therapist Electronic Communications
You accept that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any information that you download onto your computer. It is also your responsibility to delete or keep safe messages, emails and any transcripts of online conversations that you download or print out.
You explicitly agree not to forward or copy email messages or other electronic communications from PORTS therapists to other persons, except in circumstances where this has been agreed in advance by your PORTS therapist, and is done with the written consent of your PORTS therapist. You may not copy and paste bits of text or use the PORTS therapist advice out of context, or pass on the advice to a third party.
Our Privacy Statement sets out in more detail how PORTS collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
5. Your Conduct
When receiving treatment at PORTS, you are responsible for:
- weekly review of the treatment material, completion of weekly activities and communicating with your PORTS therapist;
- conducting your communications in a way that will maximise your ability to benefit from it (e.g. not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol) when using the treatment courses;
- undertaking the assessment in a way that will maximise your ability to benefit from it. (e.g. not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol);
- giving your PORTS therapist accurate, relevant and timely information in order for him/her to assist you; and
- completing the weekly questionnaires, as well as the PORTS post-treatment assessment and three month follow-up assessment when using the treatment
You may withdraw from further participation in PORTS at any time.
7. Limitation of Liability
You agree that neither Access Macquarie Ltd nor Macquarie University are liable for incorrect results provided by the PORTS assessment or treatment recommendations, or for loss or damage suffered by you due to your use of the PORTS assessment or receipt of treatment recommendations.
Requests for further permission to use this material should be directed to: PORTS Clinic, firstname.lastname@example.org