PORTS provides effective treatments for mild-moderate symptoms of anxiety, depression and substance use. We have an evidence-based and pragmatic approach that helps people to manage their mental health effectively. Our treatments are evidence-based and employ the well-tested principles of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Our treatments aim to:
- Empower people to learn practical skills that help reduce symptoms
- Respect the dignity and rights of the individual, while recognising people have responsibility for making change in their lives
- Support people to stay safe
PORTS offers a range of treatment options for people with symptoms of anxiety, depression and substance use. Our treatments are evidence-based and employ the well-tested principles of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Treatment options include:
- Brief structured telephone support: Patients can choose to receive up to 4 weekly phone calls, during which a PORTS therapist will help them to identify meaningful targets and implement solutions.
- Treatment course: Our Wellbeing Course is available via workbook or online, and is designed to empower patients to learn practical psychological skills for overcoming symptoms. This 8 week course is provided in conjunction with weekly support and monitoring by a PORTS therapist.
- Referrals to other services: We can will help patients access other services. These include access to face to face psychological treatment at ORS Psychology in the Perth area. ORS Psychology is a high quality, and effective service that like PORTS, is provided for free.
PORTS treatments are:
- Provided at no cost (free) to the patient and referring health professional
- Are provided for up to 8 weeks, with support for future re-enrolment
- Easy to access (delivered via telephone, workbook, or online)
- Evidence-based, typically resulting in greater than 30% reduction in symptoms
- Administered by registered mental health professionals
- Designed to assess progress weekly to help assist further as needed, which informs update reports provided at the end of treatment to both patient and referrer
- Include a follow-up to review progress and provide further update
- Well-accepted by patients, with more than 90% of people who complete a program saying they would recommend it to a friend or family member
To receive PORTS treatment, the Health Professional simply needs to complete a referral, which is followed by the patient completing an assessment. For any additional information about PORTS, please contact us here.