PORTS provides effective low intensity treatments. We have an evidence-based and pragmatic approach to treatment.
Our treatments aim to:
- Support people to stay safe
- Empower people to learn practical skills that help reduce symptoms
- Respect the dignity and rights of the individual, while recognising people have responsibility for making change in their lives
PORTS offers a range of treatment options for people with symptoms of anxiety, depression and substance use. Our treatments are evidence-based and employ the well-tested principles of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Treatment options include:
- Brief structured telephone support: Patients can choose to receive a brief series of weekly phone calls, during which a PORTS therapist will help them to address their difficulties.
- Treatment courses: These are available via workbook or online, and are designed to empower patients to learn practical psychological skills for overcoming symptoms. These 8 week courses are provided in conjunction with weekly support and monitoring by a PORTS therapist.
- Referrals to other services: If available, and in consultation with the referrer, we will help patients access other services as appropriate. This includes referrals to the ORS Psychology face-to-face Brief Intervention Service (ORSBIS).
PORTS treatments are:
- Provided at no cost (free) to the patient and referring health professional
- Delivered over 2-8 weeks, with a follow-up by a PORTS therapist to review progress
- Easy to access (delivered via telephone, workbook, or online)
- Evidence-based, typically resulting in 50% reduction in symptoms
- Outcomes are assessed weekly to monitor progress and ensure safety
- Updates on outcomes and progress are provided to referrers
- Administered by registered mental health professionals
To refer your patient for treatment at PORTS, simply complete a referral. We will then conduct an assessment, treat your patient, and provide you with updates on progress. If you register as a health professional on PORTS, you will be able to login and monitor your patient’s progress with any services provided directly through PORTS and view their reports.
For any additional information about PORTS, please contact us here.